Monday, May 26, 2014

Flowers in Colclough


This beautiful short story was found as the text on the inside of a greeting card. I believe it exemplifies the beauty of friendships and the giving spirit of those who enjoy afternoon tea.

Diary of Victoria Rose

Years ago I found a solitary tea cup at an antique shop with a gorgeous rose pattern. I fell in love with it on the spot. From then on, I searched high and low for the rest of the set in china shops, at auctions, flea markets, rummage sales.... Alas, without success! Not even a saucer!! Just as I was beginning to suspect that the cup wasn't part of a set at all, but a one -of -a -kind, never to be found again treasure, I was served tea on the very same china at the home of a friend! Well, I stared with wide eyes until my friend said, "Isn't it beautiful? I found it at an estate sale. Unfortunately, one of the cups is missing." With a twinkle in my eye, I knew that my precious cup would soon have a new home. 

Author Unknown.

The teacup in the picture is from my collection. It is a Colclough, bone china, made in England. The background is a pale, minty green and is dotted with pink roses accented with tiny yellow and blue flowers. Hand-painted gold swirls, flowers, and leaves adorn this teacup and give it a chintz like affect. It makes a beautiful base for a floral bouquet. The flowers were clipped from my flower garden this morning.


1 comment:

  1. That is a very sweet post! I will be posting Tea In The Garden tomorrow and hope you will come link!

    ReplyDelete