Saturday, July 5, 2014

With a Cup of Tea


The art of Sandy Lynam Clough draws richly upon scenes that include teacups, teapots, linens, and lace. If those are things you enjoy, you will not be disappointed with this little book. "With a Cup of Tea" is a small book that features the art of Sandy Lynam Clough. Interspersed between Sandy's paintings are quotes related to tea and a genteel lifestyle. I appreciate how thoughts from Emilie Barnes are liberally sprinkled among the quotes. This book was published in 1997 by Harvest House Publishers. If you are interested in discovering what it is about tea that warms and comforts us, I think you'll enjoy being drawn into the pages of this book. It beautifully shares the ritual of taking a cup of tea for any occasion.

Do you enjoy the art of Sandy Lynam Clough? Do you have any hanging on your walls or in your bookcase?

This chintz patterned teapot was a gift from my friend, Tari. It is Royal Patrician, England.

2 comments:

  1. That teapot (remembering) is a darling one! I have a lidless one I kept from my store. May put it in a teacup wreath. I loved your Sandy Clough inspired vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have a Sandy Clough book on my shelf.
    Love the teapot.

    ReplyDelete