Friday, May 9, 2014

Hola, Cobalt Teacup

I have an affinity for cobalt blue. No matter how many times I decide to change my home decor, I find that I always have to save a spot for the cobalt pieces. It is especially endearing to me in pottery and china. So, I was delighted to receive this interesting and unusual teacup and saucer from a friend. She found it while on a cruise to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and thought I would enjoy it. It's not especially dainty, but the design and glaze are beautiful. And it's really fun to be able to say that I have a teacup and saucer from Mexico. A scalloped edge frames its rim and four pedestal legs form a lovely base. The teacup's handle is gracefully scalloped. Hand-painted, each floral pattern is varied from the next as one looks around the teacup. I enjoy this teacup and display it on my bookshelf. I never look at it without remembering the friend who gave it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment