Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Afternoon Tea al Fresco




Afternoon tea al fresco seemed like the perfect way to spend time with my friend, Karleen. My love for flowers couldn't help but spill out! The food and the 3-tiered tray are decorated with fresh, miniature roses from my garden. Flowers win every time!








It was a sunny, spring day. Karleen and I sat out on the covered porch and enjoyed tea sandwiches, scones with clotted cream, and dainty sweet treats. Hot tea with brown sugar cubes and milk were enjoyed by the dainty teacups full! It was a perfect day.



5 comments:

  1. So pretty and what a nice thing for you to do for your girlfriend. I'm sure you made her feel wonderful with all that special attention you provided in make it special. What are the little white (lace looking) teacup things you have handing in the second picture? They look so dainty and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doreen, they are crocheted coasters that have been starched. They were bundled together and I thought they looked very pretty that way, so I kept them bundled and hung them on a teacup holder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful blog entry! Thank you Doreen I was going to ask the same thing! What a blessing to your sweetsweet friend you are! The tea setting, table and food look beautiful. Better than some tea rooms I have been to. You are one talented lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just plain gorgeous!
    Love the flowers on the tiered server.
    The food looks just delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to keep my eyes open for something that looks like them. They are so pretty! I just love them. Thanks for letting me know. Belinda..anytime my friend!

    ReplyDelete