Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Tea of Friendship




One of my goals is to show how to implement tea as a integral part of daily life. 




Enjoying a simple cup of tea with a friend is such an enjoyable experience. My friend, Sharon, owns a business that brings her to my community several times a month. Frequently she drops in for a cup of tea and a long visit. I cherish those times! Last week we enjoyed cups of Oriental Beauty Oolong from Floating Leaves Tea. The tea was a gift from someone in attendance at Marilyn's Wu-Wo Tea Ceremony a summer or two ago. As you can see, Sharon and I always enjoy our tea without milk and just a touch of stevia for sweetness.




Our teacups were from the Allyn Nelson Collection, fine bone china, made in England. You might notice that they are not identical. Although the design is the same, one is embellished with painted gold trim and the other is not. One was a gift from a friend and the other one that I purchased at a motel gift shop on the Oregon coast.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful teacup!
    Oriental Beauty is delightfully delicious and really floral enough that it doesn't need sweetness added at all. I remember that your friend visited The Floating Leaves in Seattle. Hope she has returned and visited there many times.

    ReplyDelete