Monday, June 16, 2014

Summertime Randomness

 

Have you been blogging for awhile? Isn't it fun to read blogs that are organized, about a theme, or that show pretty things? Over the years, I've found that blogging has become more and more sophisticated. The simple web journal has become something that competes with blogs written by journalists, photographers, crafters, decorators, and foodies who present their thoughts and ideas so professionally. I love visiting them! But mostly I enjoy visiting blogs that were started at the grass-roots of this trend. Blogs from like-minded people who enjoy sharing bits and pieces of their everyday lives. Because blogging has become more sophisticated, it sometimes puts pressure on those of us who blog to write better, think better, and present better. Sometimes I have to remind myself of the thoughts of Vee who taught me that it is okay to "blog without obligation". I take that to mean that blogging should be fun, friendly, and informal. It should be a joy and not a task. I have always appreciated Vee's words of wisdom.


 

So today I am going to blog without obligation. My post has no rhyme nor reason. It is simply my ramblings as I share photos from my week-end and the fun I had editing them. Random. Cheerful. Sharing. Tea was taken at the park. The stone pavilion built in the 1930's is quaint and chippy. Enjoying a cup of tea with a loved one there was a memory making moment.


 

And then there are the roses in the garden. They are in full bloom, responding to the warm sunshine that has graced us this June. They can only be described as prolific! I've had fun cutting them and bringing them inside to enjoy.

 

A darling little grand-nephew came to visit at the end of last week. Such cuteness! He was sweet and had such a happy time smiling and laughing while we communicated with one another.

 

And a sweet daughter-by-marriage has been visiting and I've had fun doing girl stuff with her. Whether it is shopping for groceries or going for a pedicure or yard sale shopping, it's been a blessing to share these moments together.


 

The sunshine has been warm enough to create "summer" without being so hot that we don't feel we dare venture outside. Packing a bag with tea and sandwiches, sunglasses, and assorted odds and ends has made day trips special. Random thoughts. The fun of sharing --- without obligation.


Enjoy a wonderful week!

 

Today I'm linking to Bernideen's Tea Time Blog for Tea in the Garden.

3 comments:

  1. Always fun when the girls get together! Beautiful roses and a cute new nephew. Everything goes well with tea and blogging without obligation! Happy Tea Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. blogging without obligation! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think most bloggers start out with "fun only" in mind and things sort of evolve from there and this is a good reminder to get back to the starting point. Lovely! These photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete